Welcome to the penultimate special Samba edition Talk of the Turnstile, bringing a weekly round up of all things World Cup and SoccerStarz!
The quarter-finals are here, meaning four more teams will be going home..
The quarter-finals, lines up as followed (all times are in GMT+1)
Friday 4th July – France vs Germany 5pm followed by Brazil vs Colombia 9pm
Sunday 5th July – Argentina vs Belgium 5pm followed by Netherlands vs Costa Rica
I’ll be airing my predictions on our Facebook page over the coming days so make sure you tune into that to see what teams I think will progress to the next round. Will we see an upset?
Seven German players have come down with flu the day before the France game, Joachim Low believes that they will be okay for the game and didn’t make it known what players were ill.
With only 8 games to (7 if you discount the third place play off) who do you think will be crowned World Champions?
Moving away from the World Cup as we can’t wholly ignore the club game
Some brief headlines
- Luis Suarez moves nearer to a Barcelona deal
- Angel Di Maria is in a tug of war between Arsenal, Liverpool and now Manchester United
- Tiago is to join Chelsea for a second spell with the club
- Gabi signs new deal with Atletico Madrid
With the close season now upon us, the transfer mill has gone into overdrive. So over the coming months we will try to keep you as updated as possible on the majority of transfers as and when they happen.
- Matt Taylor and Marvin Sordell secure moves to Premier League new boys Burnley
- Diego Costa’s move to Chelsea has been announced
- Marvin Emnes makes move to Swansea permanent
Don’t forget you can now buy the International SoccerStarz figurines from the SoccerStarz Online Shop by clicking HERE.
Thanks for reading the Samba edition of Talk of the Turnstile.