Welcome to the second special Samba edition Talk of the Turnstile, bringing a weekly round up of all things World Cup and SoccerStarz!
What a World Cup we are having so far!!! Every game bar a few have been entertaining and fans world wide have really got into the World Cup spirit. We don’t have to worry about Vuvuzela’s this time either.
So let’s have a look at the first week shall we…….
And so the era has ended. Spain have been a joy to watch but they have been utterly humiliated in this World Cup. That’s not to take anything away from the Netherlands or Chile who literally blew them away. Chile, in particular outplayed them everywhere on the pitch. The goal from Vargas is a prime example of Spain’s defence being in no mans land.
Tim Cahill perhaps scored the goal of the tournament so far with a stunning volley against the Dutch, alas, it was not enough as the Netherlands ran out 3-2 winners to book their place in the knockout stages.
It could be all over for England; two losses in two following defeat to both Italy and Uruguay, it really doesn’t look good. There is a glimmer of hope however, 12.9% of hope apparently… If Italy manage to beat both Costa Rica and Uruguay and then England beat Costa Rica they will qualify by the skin of their teeth. England fans are praying for a miracle that probably won’t happen…. We can all hope though, hey?
World Cup headlines
- Wayne Rooney finally breaks his World Cup hoodoo
- Germany “Muller” Portugal 4-0
- Benzema inspires France to a 3-0 victory
- Messi makes his mark, and much like Rooney scores his first World Cup goal
Moving away from the World Cup as we can’t wholly ignore the club game
Some brief headlines
- Manchester United are linked with, Robben, Vidal, Schweinsteiger, Alexis Sanchez, Hummels, Daley Blind, Bruno Martins-Indi…. Wow this list is exhaustive….. oh best not forget Daryl Janmaat
- Arsenal are about to confirm Balotelli as their first big signing of the transfer window
- West Brom appointed Andy Irvine as their new boss. Who? That’s what they said
With the close season now upon us, the transfer mill has gone into overdrive. So over the coming months we will try to keep you as updated as possible on the majority of transfers as and when they happen.
- Joleon Lescott to West Brom
- Chiekhou Kouyate has joined West Ham
Don’t forget you can now buy the International SoccerStarz figurines from the SoccerStarz Online Shop by clicking HERE.
Thanks for reading the Samba edition of Talk of the Turnstile